Did you know? This Saturday (June 4th) is National Cheese Day. Celebrate by visiting local cheese producers and sellers (including the Adams Cheese Shop) and learning more about the history of cheese making in Jefferson County with Cornell Cooperative Extension’s “Hungry for History” event!
View the event details on Facebook or the CCE of Jefferson County website, and stop by the cheese shop this week and pick up a flyer or booklet, which you can get stamped at particpating businesses on the big day for a chance to win a number of cool prizes. (Oh, and there’s a coupon inside for use at the cheese shop!)
Celebrate Jefferson County’s Cheesemaking Heritage:
- Tour Historic Stone Mills and learn about Jefferson County’s Dairy Heritage
- Eat specialty cheese dishes at a local restaurant or food truck
- Tour local dairy farms and sample cheese at participating locations
- Watch cooking demonstrations using local cheese
- Enter to win prizes and raffles
Pick up your brochure and punch card at the Cornell Cooperative Extension office the week of the event, or here at the Adams Cheese Shop on the event!
0 Comments for “Hungry for History: Cheesemaking in Jeffferson County”